Effective meetings people love to attend!
Are your meetings frustrating or unproductive? Do you wish you could draw people out, channel their opinions or assign tasks more effectively? How is your meeting follow through? Combined with live webcasts, this course will walk you through solutions to creating productive meetings that get results and bring out the talents of the team. Whether you regularly facilitate meetings, or you are a frustrated participant who feels like your head will explode if you have to attend another time-wasting meeting, this course is for you!
There are four information-packed, practical and interactive sessions with handouts and templates accompanying each session.
SESSION 1: Effective Meetings Overview
SESSION 2: Effective Meetings "Must-Haves"
SESSION 3: Use Your Team Talents, Now.
SESSION 4: Managing Difficult People in Meetings
SESSION 1: EFFECTIVE MEETINGS OVERVIEW
Meeting facilitation that gets results and brings out team talents is a skill that can be learned. In this webcast we will focus specifically on the operational process of facilitating effective meetings. In this webinar you will learn some practical strategies for:
- Drawing out participation
- Watching for "talent clues" and using them
- Dealing effectively with difficult personalities
- Encouraging individual expression while building unity of thought
- Operationalizing outcomes
SESSION 2: EFFECTIVE MEETINGS "MUST-HAVES"
Meetings are part of human being’s natural desire to meet socially and to accomplish group goals. But once those meetings become part of the organizational structure, they need to have good meeting structures to be effective. In this session you will learn:
- Why we have meetings
- “Must haves” for effective meetings
- Human needs and meeting effectiveness
- 6 Meeting conversations processes
SESSION 3: USE YOUR TEAM TALENTS, NOW
Getting to the point, drawing out the wall flowers and keeping the talkers on task. These are some of the difficulties of facilitating a meeting effectively. In this session you will learn about:
- Encouraging input – a few strategies.
- Finding individual talent and using it
- Building unity of thought with guiding principles and focus on desired outcomes. Clarifying meeting purpose and aligning purpose with method and outcomes.
SESSION 4: MANAGING DIFFICULT PEOPLE IN MEETINGS
This is the hardest part of getting meetings to work well – dealing with people who distract, undermine or sabotage the efforts of the group. But there is hope! With a few guiding principles and teaching moments, you can bring pretty much everyone on track. This is what we will cover in our final session:
- Behaviours that hinder.
- Behaviours that help.
- Dealing with difficult behaviours
- Dealing with difficult people
- Priming the meeting to have people comply and self-correct
- Reinforcements, supports and interventions
Click here to see this
course on our Shift Academy.